(LONDONDERRY, NH) – ECCO – a leading manufacturer of innovative footwear – has released a special edition ‘Iceman’ ECCO S-THREE style to be debuted by ambassador, Henrik Stenson, at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship this week.
Paying homage to Stenson’s nickname, ‘The Iceman’ shoe comes in black and white colorways, featuring an icy blue and white coloring in the midsole, as well as cracked leather uppers – developed by world-leading innovators, ECCO Leather – that represent shards of shattered ice. The tongue also comes complete with a special edition tag reading: Henrik Stenson The Iceman.
“It’s great to join forces with ECCO GOLF to create ‘The Iceman’ shoe,” said Stenson. “The brand is renowned for its dedication to delivering quality, comfort and style, and these shoes represent exactly that. With their cracked leather uppers and cool midsole coloring, ‘The Iceman’ designs are definitely going to turn a few heads out on the course.”
Stenson has enjoyed a stellar career since turning pro in 1998 and became the first male Swedish major champion when he won the 2016 Open Championship at Royal Troon with a major championship record lowest aggregate score of 264.
A two-time European Tour Golfer of the Year (2013 and 2016) and Olympic silver medalist, Stenson has spent over 300 weeks ranked in the World Top Ten during an illustrious career which has seen him record more than 20 Tour victories.
A version of the ‘The Iceman’ shoe will be available for the public to purchase in the spring and is one of seven different colorways in the updated S-THREE collection. Designed in collaboration with Stenson himself, the shoe features zonal support provided by pioneering midsole technology in each of the S-THREE styles featured in the Spring/Summer 2021 collection.
The latest breakthrough in direct injection innovation, ZONAL FLUIDFORM™ TECHNOLOGY creates a molded midsole with three distinct zones of softness to ensure the right balance of cushioning and stability exactly where you need it.
Due to the advanced multi section injection process, the midsole of every pair of S-THREE shoes will have exclusive features and unique color transitions between the different sections. This gives each pair of shoes a distinctive look, perfect for golfers who enjoy an individual style.
The award-winning ECCO DYNAMIC TRACTION SYSTEM™ (E-DTS™) outsole design provides more than 100 traction bars and 800 traction angles for excellent grip in all playing conditions.
S-THREE demonstrates ECCO GOLF’s dedication to innovation through a pioneering set of features and benefits, including:
- ZONAL FLUIDFORM™ TECHNOLOGY applied in the polyurethane midsole that creates three different zones with three separate levels of rigidity
- Zone 1- Comfort: Heel of the midsole is engineered for medium softness to ensure greater cushioning and comfort
- Zone 2 – Stability: Central part of the midsole has higher levels of rigidity to deliver outstanding lateral stability throughout the swing
- Zone 3 – Flexibility: Forefront of the midsole comes with the highest level of softness for guaranteed walking comfort and flexibility
- It also creates an integral, flexible and durable bond without the compromises common with conventionally stitched and/or glued assemblies
- Highly breathable and 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX technology that prevents moisture from penetrating the shoe, while also allowing natural moisture to escape
- ECCO FLUIDFORM™ Direct Comfort Technology; a ‘state change’ process that uses specialized fluid materials to form around an anatomical last, ensuring a finely tuned balance of cushioning and rebound, while also creating a flexible and durable bond without the compromises common with stitched or glued assemblies
- A double layer of neoprene in the collar and heel provides increased padding for additional wearing comfort throughout the swing
ECCO GOLF shoes are worn in competition around the world by Henrik Stenson, Thomas Bjørn, Fred Couples, Erik van Rooyen, Lydia Ko, Minjee Lee and Caroline Masson, among others.